Try new things. Influence processes. Do work you can be proud of. Be a Business Development Director at Fluid!
At Fluid we work to live, not live to work. Taking risks and doing new things is core to what we do. We think great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of role or level. You are not defined by your job description. We are a team of generalists and value flexibility and adaptability. If you want to partner with high-profile brands and directly impact a product, then this is the place for you. Most importantly, if you believe that the people make a great company, then this is definitely the place for you!
We are looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Business Development Director to join our growing team in New York. You will be responsible for leading the charge to expand Fluid’s portfolio both on the agency as well as SaaS subscription. Our business is thriving and we need someone who can help manage inbound RFPs, proposals, capabilities presentations, prospecting and most importantly ensure that we’re meeting our sales goals.
This position will work closely with other teams within the company to help coordinate and ensure that our prospects are being delivered top quality proposals and are being followed up with in a timely manner. In addition to working with prospects, this position requires working closely with our network of partners (e-commerce platforms, systems integrators, etc.) and serve as our agency evangelist. This role reports to the CEO.
You are familiar with the market and are able to identify the decision maker and key stakeholders within large global brands. You are able to work with a variety of disciplines - creative, engineering and everything else in between - both internally as well as externally. You are an expert in the field and are able to help clients identify and help solve their business needs through Fluid's service and product offerings.
- Proactively contact target client list to arrange for meetings, capabilities presentations, or participation in agency selection process.
- Manage the sales process from initial contact through closed sale and transition to internal project management team following a structured new business process.
- Provide sales forecasts and projections and keep our CRM tool, Salesforce.com up to date on a weekly basis.
- Develop well written and effective proposals and include appropriate team members in process of scoping, pricing, and authoring as required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in sales or business development
- A passion for, and deep understanding of ecommerce and digital marketing
- A proven history of selling professional services or consulting to senior management, ideally leaders in e-commerce, online merchandising, and marketing. Will consider applicants with background in software sales if related to eCommerce.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong writing skills.
- Organized and outgoing; strong persuasive ability.
- A team player who is proactive, flexible, results-oriented and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment.
- An ability to work independently and under the pressure of deadlines.
- Though the position is based in New York, NY with a focus on local clients you should expect to travel for client/partner meetings and industry level conferences.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible time off program
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid sick days
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (health care & childcare)
- Apple MacBooks
- Employee discount program
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Company social
- Company volunteer days
- Much more..
Fluid delivers award-winning customized digital solutions by transforming global businesses through innovative customer experience. Our work for world-class customers like The North Face, Fender, Michael Kors, Puma, Vans and many others spans consumer experiences across the web, social and mobile. Brands and retailers tap our unique combination of strategic consulting, design, development services to delight and engage today’s digitally savvy consumers, while building engagement, increasing brand loyalty and driving conversions.
Fluid is based in both Oakland and New York. This position will be based in New York.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to http://www.fluid.com/careers. We will review submissions and contact you if there is a suitable match.
Fluid does not accept resumes from independent recruiters or persons other than the applicant via Fluid.com. Fluid therefore does not recognize any claim for recruiting, referral or any other fees arising out of applicants engaged or hired by Fluid with respect to resumes received via Fluid.com. By submitting a resume to Fluid via Fluid.com, you acknowledge that you are aware of Fluid’s policy and unconditionally waive any and all recruiting, referral or any other fees based on such submission.