Flowroute, the first software-centric carrier, provides communication services and technology for cloud-based products. By providing businesses programmatic access to communications infrastructure services, Flowroute removes the complexity of introducing new communications solutions to market. The patented nationwide Flowroute HyperNetwork™ delivers leading carrier-quality calling and messaging services with unparalleled reliability, reach, and simplicity.
Who we are:
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers that allows us to partner in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities, are inspired by collective creativity, and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are an organization that puts our purpose for serving first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Flowroute is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington.
Who you are:
If you are an experienced developer who lives to solve unique problems, has a strong background in voice technologies like SIP, and wants to develop applications, API's, and systems that will disrupt the traditional telecommunications industry, we want you!
- Contribute as a senior developer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, developers and testers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Ensure we deliver high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, TDD, continuous integration and code reviews
- Stay actively engaged in the technology industry and understand how the evolving technologies can benefit our organization
- Enhance and maintain our core SIP applications
- Create systems to connect seamlessly with our partner carriers
- Help architect, implement, deploy, and maintain backend software systems that communicate within and among geographically-dispersed datacenters
- Evolve systems to improve scalability and performance
- Refactor existing systems to support rapid implementation of new features
- Architect new software with scalability, redundancy, and seamless netsplit survival/recovery
- Contribute innovative designs and ideas for improving our company and products
- You are a SIP expert with demonstrated experience implementing SIP protocol-based VoIP applications
- You are proficient in C
- You are familiar with C++
- You are familiar with Python
- You are familiar with agile software development methods
- You have at least 8 years of experience as a full time Developer, and a degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, or in a related Engineering field. A graduate degree or PhD would be awesome.
Technologies you'll use:
- Linux Operating System (Ubuntu, Debian)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Flowroute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.