Flowroute, the first software-centric carrier, provides communication services and technology for cloud-based products. By providing businesses programmatic access to communications infrastructure services, Flowroute removes the complexity of introducing new communications solutions to market. The patented nationwide Flowroute HyperNetwork™ delivers leading carrier-quality calling and messaging services with unparalleled reliability, reach, and simplicity.
Who we are:
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers that allows us to partner in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities, are inspired by collective creativity, and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are an organization that puts our purpose for serving first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Flowroute is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington.
- Architect software with scalability, redundancy, and seamless netsplit survival/recovery
- Operate and maintain our relational and non-relational databases, along with our ETL pipelines & data lakes, and occasionally help users with ad hoc data analysis.
- Administer database users, roles and ensure best security practices are upheld.
- Help build APIs that scale for both internal and external consumption by contributing to database selection, design, and optimization.
- Build and maintain the continuous integration & deployment pipeline for data related projects.
- You consider yourself a SQL expert.
- Expert at crafting queries and designing performant database schemas, with and without ORMs.
- Postgres experience is a must.
- Experience with administering, maintaining and providing security for database systems and users.
- You’ve worked with cloud based providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- You have professional experience using Python with relational and non-relational databases. Django or Flask experience is a huge plus.
- Experience with REST APIs and server side web development a plus.
- You are passionate about building software and designing database systems the "right" way and teaching that software craftsmanship mentality to others.
- You have experience with agile methods, and like to work collaboratively with others.
Technologies we use:
- Primary languages: SQL, Python
- Secondary languages: Unix Shell, GoLang
- Datastores: PostgreSQL & MySQL in Amazon RDS, AWS DynamoDB, Redis
- Streaming Data: AWS Kinesis, Firehose, SNS, SQS
- Orchestration tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS
- Frameworks such as: Django (+ Django-Rest-Framework), Flask, AWS Lambda
- Configuration management: Ansible, Cloudformation
- Operating systems: Linux Operating System (Ubuntu, Debian primarily)
- Protocols: SIP, SMPP, HTTP
- SIP servers: Kamailio, FreeSwitch, Asterisk
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Flowroute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.