Flowroute is a cloud-based, software-centric telecommunications company that serves the needs of companies that manage their own telecommunications infrastructure. We enable companies to innovate with voice and messaging by disrupting telecom with highly scalable, operationally simple, and flexible carrier services. Flowroute’s patented HyperNetwork™ is a new type of carrier network that provides unparalleled uptime and quality performance and is the linchpin for nearly every product Flowroute offers including our voice and messaging business.
Who we are:
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers that allows us to partner in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities, are inspired by collective creativity, and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are an organization that puts our purpose for serving first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Flowroute is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington.
About the job:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager/Product Manager to help create the AWS of telecommunications. As a PM, your charter is to focus on our customers to understand their pain points and aspirations, the competitive environment, and bring the right solutions to market. You will launch differentiated, high value-add products and support existing ones. You will own your product roadmaps, help create product vision and define how your product fits into a portfolio, spec product feature choices by creating a press release and financial model with product recommendations, develop API designs, plan sprints and assist with project managing the development effort, perform launch planning, create pricing policy recommendations, determine distribution channels, and assist with demand generation activities.
You will have demonstrated ability to ship high quality products on an aggressive release schedule . We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management and experience within the communications sector.
- Develop, steward, and effectively communicate both the business and technical rationale behind product decisions. Own the roadmap and the operational integrity for at least one product line.
- Develop a press release and FAQ, user stories, and mock up concepts for new product or feature ideas. Write functional specs, author content and presentation materials, create user stories as developer epics for the agile process, and do whatever it takes to fully express the ideas to senior management, product development, designers, other product managers, carrier operations, customer success, marketing, sales and our customers.
- Design, document, and bring to life APIs for supporting our customers, internal teams, and backend microservices
- Engage our developer community and key customers to understand how we can better serve our customers, improve our products, and innovate together. Many of our customers are developers, and we are passionate about innovating together to build impactful products for them.
- Work closely with current and new partners and customers to optimize the delivery of new capabilities.
- Form close partnerships with vendors and suppliers in order to ensure we are well integrated into the telecom space. Ensure reliable vendor service levels and timely support.
- You possess 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company.
- You thrive and are energized by a fast paced environment, comfortable with ambiguity, and have demonstrated experience guiding the delivery of new and innovative products.
- You are passionate about putting the customer first and staying connected with them. You are excited to dig in and roll up your sleeves, think big and bold, inspire others, and enjoy collaborating.
- Ideally, you have experience writing code in some fashion - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our internal engineers and engineering management, as well as many of our customers who have an engineering focus.
- Experience in telecom is required. Anything related to operating as a carrier or offering services leveraging SIP is a plus.