Flowroute, the first software-centric carrier, provides communication services and technology for cloud-based products. By providing businesses programmatic access to communications infrastructure services, Flowroute removes the complexity of introducing new communications solutions to market. The patented nationwide Flowroute HyperNetwork™ delivers leading carrier-quality calling and messaging services with unparalleled reliability, reach, and simplicity.
Who we are:
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers that allows us to partner in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities, are inspired by collective creativity, and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are an organization that puts our purpose for serving first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Flowroute is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington.
About the Job:
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be responsible for developing the technical strategy, product development execution and technical culture in the corporation. You will work with the executive management team to execute product strategy.
In this role, you will have direct responsibility for managing the people, technical delivery system, and functionality deliverables of the Flowroute products and services. You will be a leader in applications architecture, process management, development methodologies and program management. In this position, you will be called on to demonstrate superior leadership and management skills both vertically and horizontally in the organization.
- Build the company’s product development resource plan, contribute to technical strategic direction, and the implementation of plans, programs and processes that deliver a high-quality product on time and budget.
- Lead and develop a high-performance team of software engineers and recruit top talent. Manage and mentor direct reports, including assigning performance objectives and duties.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership within the software development tools, methodologies and platforms used by the company.
- Use strong written communications to convey technical strategy, cultivate technical culture, and align engineering execution to company goals.
- Interact with executive leadership to manage the company’s product development budget, ensure effective spending and accountability for ROI on initiatives. (Including annual bottom-up budget for engineering department, including: headcount, consulting spends, prototyping costs, equipment cost, professional development, patent costs and additional items as appropriate.)
- In concert with the head of product management and the leadership team develop and maintain the company’s technical roadmap, achieving deadlines on a timely basis.
- Provide ongoing reporting of the corporation’s progress against the company product roadmap and engineering deliverables.
- Directly responsible for all program management, development, QA and IT operations.
- Drive the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the product development team. Through personal example, consistently “raises the bar” and establishes the style and approach which will characterize Flowroute’s perception in the marketplace.
- Support sales, marketing and product teams, providing technical expertise and guidance, as appropriate.
Who you are:
You are a leader in software development. You have experience motivating and managing teams to deliver features and products on time, in service to the customer. You work collaboratively with others, especially those at the executive leadership level. You have experience with telecom and are excited by the intersection of software and telecom. You are comfortable diving into code and working through technical challenges and mentoring others to do the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years engineering leadership experience, with a track record of delivering products.
- In-depth knowledge of the successful management and operation of an Engineering organization within the enterprise tech services. Previous experience with Software as a Service delivery, especially with products requiring transactional scalability, core network infrastructure, telecommunications, and mission critical SaaS platforms.
- Experience with VOIP and/or SIP is a plus.
- Experience motivating and leading teams to achieve deadlines. Gains credibility quickly because of his/her leadership, strategic, technology and communications skills.
- Well versed on a wide range of technologies and will be a manager who is not afraid to engage “hands on” with the developers.
- Superior written communication, one-on-one and group presentation skills. Ability to interface effectively and professionally with executives and experience interacting with customers in both pre-and post sales situations.
- Self-driven and an “initiator” who operates well in an empowered, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. A person with a high degree of intuitive understanding of product release cycles and implementations.
- Understanding of types of datastores and their "intended" use cases: Relational, key-value, document, graph. Able to communicate/describe concepts of CAP, ACID and BASE.
- Familiarity with software architecture, development, deployment and management concepts: waterfall, agile, scrum, test-driven development, CI/CD, (de)coupled systems, monolith vs microservices.
- Experience providing technical mentorship and code review as well as building those capabilities within other development team members.
- Working knowledge of linux operating system, at least one compiled programming language and one interpreted language, and associated development tools.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Flowroute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.