Flowroute, the first software-centric carrier, provides communication services and technology for cloud-based products. By providing businesses programmatic access to communications infrastructure services, Flowroute removes the complexity of introducing new communications solutions to market. The patented nationwide Flowroute HyperNetwork™ delivers leading carrier-quality calling and messaging services with unparalleled reliability, reach, and simplicity.
Who we are:
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers that allows us to partner in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities, are inspired by collective creativity, and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are an organization that puts our purpose for serving first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Flowroute is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington.
You will provide analytical and consulting support to the company through strategic data-related decisions, analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting on data. In addition, you will act as the key liaison between the business and the Engineering team ensuring that the system and data needs of the business owners are clearly articulated and addressed. Your accountabilities include:
- Identify, track, and monitor daily and weekly business metrics (customers, churn, phone numbers, minutes, product profitability, etc.), quickly assess areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions.
- Perform ad hoc modeling and analytical requests around new client pricing and profitability, customer account analysis, and carrier rate analysis, using SQL (postgreSQL preferred) and data analytic tools; as well as compiling data from other management data systems.
- Ensure accurate monthly client billing through the creation of control procedures and reporting. Articulate reporting requirements and analysis needed to identify issues and potential revenue leakage to the Engineering team.
- Provide support to the sales organization by defining the requirements for aligning Salesforce with the current sales process and develop associated reporting. Create and manage sales commission structures, and automate monthly sales commissions calculations.
- Serve as subject matter expert and mentor around data analysis using data analytics tools. Ensure data integrity and accuracy of customer data in the business analytics tool, Interana.
- Perform as relationship manager with Interana to address any outstanding issues and provide general feedback.
- Act as a liaison between the business owners and development team to cultivate and synthesize system and functional needs, documenting example data, processing use cases and guiding engineers through use cases.
Who You Are:
You have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to create and maintain dashboards as well as provide insightful analysis to enable data based decision making. You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and working with the Engineering team to implement solutions to provide new functionality and insights into the business. Helping others find the answers they seek is your reason for being, and you revel in the details.
Your skills and background include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, Business Analytics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence, or comparable experience
- Strong proficiency at querying and architecturing relational databases using SQL
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Experience building automated dashboards for ongoing measurement and self-service needs
- Experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations
- Strong experience in understanding and documenting business partner needs, documenting detailed report requirements, and the generation of reporting test cases
- Programing experience in Python, Go, or R, a plus
- Experience in the telecommunications industry preferred