Who are we?
Flowroute, the first software-centric carrier, provides programmatic access to communications infrastructure services and technology for cloud-based products. Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers - we are hungry to explore opportunities, are inspired by collective creativity, and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives.
What will you do?
Flowroute is seeking a Support Engineer to join our Seattle based team. Your daily responsibilities will include providing front-line customer support to solve client issues, liaising with global telephone carriers, dissecting and analyzing call signaling, and creating workflow efficiencies. You will have the opportunity to develop with APIs and SDKs to use Flowroute's services. On top of everything, a knowledge of our business operations will be necessary to better understand client needs and grow relationships.
Who you are:
- Go the extra mile for customers – not just fixing their problem, but connecting with them and advocating on their behalf
- Have a proven track record of technical aptitude and an interest in networking and VoIP
- Communicate well with customers of all technical levels over phone and email translating reported symptoms into a resolvable issue
- Curious and motivated to find answers – if you don’t know, you learn it
- Skilled with understanding other perspectives and co-creating a more powerful solution
- Collaborative and excited to work with teammates, as well as cross functionally with Development, Product Management, and Sales
- Able to speak up and address conflict in uncomfortable situations
- Bring energy to the work and inspire everyone around you
- Always looking to improve workflow efficiencies, whether that’s writing a script or modifying a team process
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exposure to computer networking concepts
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Friendly, customer first personality
- Able to manage and prioritize workflow
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (3+ years)
- Scripting and/or coding experience
- Awards for customer service or problem solving
- Familiarity with VoIP systems
- Experience with IT and network operations
- Exposure to APIs and SDKs
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid public transit pass
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with match
- Stock options
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Positive and collaborative team and company environment
- Fully stocked snacks & company meals provided regularly!