Do you like to make award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a full-time PM bread baker at our production kitchen in the Seaport!
The Bread Bakers will focus on bread mixing, shaping and baking as well as production projects. Candidates for these positions should be available four to five days a week to be scheduled on either 11am-9pm or 1pm-9pm shifts.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker, and all the pastries you can eat!
- Extreme enthusiasm about pastry, baking and working as part of a team is a must!
- Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized, be positive, and be eager to learn
- You must be open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- We are seeking self-motivated employees who work well in a fun, positive, fast-paced team environment with possibilities for advancement.
- Excellent attendance, reliability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Readily adaptable to change
- Embraces new information and learns quickly
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
- Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- Ensure that your station and work areas are clean, tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
- 1+ year of professional baking experience
- Availability to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs regularly, operate commercial kitchen equipment, and work on your feet for the entire shift
The shift is very physically active, you are constantly on your feet and moving through the kitchen.