What We Do:
Florence (florencehc.com) helps advance cures by making clinical trial document management simple, secure and productive.
What You’ll Bring to The Team:
At Florence, we’re passionate about making it easy for our customers to contribute to research and find cures. As an experienced UX/UI you will create amazing user experiences for the Florence Suite of Products. You will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience for our customers and be the in-house design champion who loves to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to discover efficient and effective workflows, generate clean and artful design elements, and transform them into attractive, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. You will:
- Evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers and how it applies to the existing themed design system.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to engineering design reviews
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Participate in user research and evaluate user feedback
- Contribute to and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards related to designing and maintaining accessible websites
An Ideal Candidate Has:
- Proven UX/UI experience for multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, tablet
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Demonstrable UX/UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Proficiency in design tools like Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstrate understanding of Design Thinking activities to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- General understanding of the front-end development process, including HTML and CSS.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
Education & Experience
- Min 2-4 years of experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Design, Computer Science or BS/MS Degree in a related field is a huge plus
We’ll Be Extra Excited If You Have:
- Design Systems – crafting and maintaining a consistent design language is important to us for intuitive user experience in our app. You should be able to work with our existing Bootstrap theme and brand colors when introducing new designs
- Design Tools – whether it is Sketch, Photoshop, Figma or another design tool – we don’t care – we just want you to be a master at the tool you’re most efficient in using for creating comps
- Cross-Platform Design – know the nuances between iOS and Windows platforms when it comes to how web applications appear. Create designs that support desktop and mobile usage
- New Feature and Existing Improvements – be an agile thinker when it comes to working on an existing application. We have new features coming through the backlog all the time, but also need you to support existing feature improvements
- User Research – be able to conduct user interviews, maintain a working knowledge of different personas and build empathy for our users. Take both a qualitative and quantitative approach when applying research to interface designs
- UX and UI Heuristics – craft designs that follow best practices for interfaces. We love Jakob Nielsen’s Usability Heuristics and want to know your thoughts on them too!
What’s in it for you?
- Do good: We insist that health technology is the highest calling for software development. We pride ourselves on working on something bigger than ourselves; helping save lives.
- Work with the best: The Florence team is comprised of document management, clinical trials, and software security experts as well as doctors and Ironman triathletes. Get on board, learn from and work with the best.
- Make the leap: Join our high-output culture to create innovative, modern, and purposeful software solutions.
- Do well: We offer a competitive compensation package, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) and office space in the heart of the city.
Florence Healthcare supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please send your cover letter and resume with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter must include:
- Why Florence? Tell us why you are interested in joining the Florence team
- A link to your portfolio