What We Do:
At Florence, we’re passionate about making it easy for our customers to contribute to research and find cures, by making clinical trial document management simple, secure and productive. We operate within an AWS HIPAA environment with our core web application and api built with MongoDB, Hapi, Angular and Node, with certain external integrations and tools built using the .Net framework. Our services are containerized and deployed with Semaphore; we are committed to repeatable automated processes.
What You’ll Bring to The Team:
As our DevOps Lead you are responsible for how we manage our AWS infrastructure and for championing best practices within the company that meet our operational needs. You will help shape our DevOps vision, improve our approaches across development, testing, deployment and infrastructure management to reduce friction, increase system transparency and ensure reliability in all application environments.
- Promote changes across our company processes to support safer and faster release cycles, demonstrating the value brought by each change
- Make life easier by suggesting improvements to our development and testing processes
- Remove uncertainty and risk from critical parts of the release process
- Help keep the development team working on the best problems not self-inflicted ones
- Improve searchable and graphable logs and metrics
- Simplify and automate our infrastructure configuration management and security hardening, reducing dependencies on individual knowledge
- Ensure the number of and usage of environments matches our needs
- Increase our instrumentation and monitoring of infrastructure, application components and business transactions
- Review current AWS infrastructure and processes and suggest improvements in areas such as automation, partitioning, reliability, redundancy, reporting and alerting
An Ideal Candidate Has:
- Passion for smooth development processes, infrastructure configuration, instrumentation and efficient production operations
- Proven DevOps experience in a mission-critical AWS environment
- AWS DevOps Engineer certification
- A strong background as a developer in a Linux environment
- The desire to both share knowledge, coach the team and learn from colleagues
What’s in it for you?
- Do good: We insist that health technology is the highest calling for software development. We pride ourselves on working on something bigger than ourselves; helping save lives.
- Work with the best: The Florence team is comprised of document management, clinical trials, and software security experts as well as doctors and Ironman triathletes. Get on board, learn from and work with the best.
- Make the leap: Join our high-output culture to create innovative, modern, and purposeful software solutions.
- Do well: We offer a competitive compensation package, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) and office space in the heart of the city.
How Do You Apply?
Send a cover letter and your résumé via our careers page at https://florencehc.com/careers
, where you can also find out more about us!
Florence Healthcare supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.