What We Do:
At Florence, we’re passionate about making it easy for our customers to contribute to research and find cures, by making clinical trial document management simple, secure and productive. We operate within an AWS HIPAA environment with our core multi-tenant web application and api built with MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Hapi, Angular and Node, with certain external integrations and tools built using the .Net framework.
What You’ll Bring to The Team:
As our Database Engineering Lead you are responsible for helping to shape our data storage and management vision across strategic research, development projects and operational efficiency.
- Drive engineering enhancements around all aspects of how we store and manage data
- Be our go-to expert on MongoDB and ElasticSearch.
- Work with other developers to help optimize query and index design
- Work on architecture projects to define and implement our future storage, logging and metrics platforms as we grow and partition our products.
- Measure data resource utilization for performance and capacity planning
- Provide the deepest level of support for any engineering or operational problems, partnering where required with our managed database service providers.
An Ideal Candidate Has:
- Passion for smooth development processes, infrastructure configuration, instrumentation and efficient production operations
- Proven experience in a mission-critical polyglot database environment
- Experience migrating data between SQL and NoSQL databases
- Deep experience with MongoDB
- A strong background as a developer in a Linux environment
- The desire to both share knowledge, coach the team and learn from colleagues
What’s in it for you?
- Do good: We insist that health technology is the highest calling for software development. We pride ourselves on working on something bigger than ourselves; helping save lives.
- Work with the best: The Florence team is comprised of document management, clinical trials, and software security experts as well as doctors and Ironman triathletes. Get on board, learn from and work with the best
- Make the leap: Join our high-output culture to create innovative, modern, and purposeful software solutions.
- Do well: We offer a competitive compensation package, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) and office space in the heart of the city.
How Do You Apply?
Send a cover letter and your résumé via our careers page at https://florencehc.com/careers
, where you can also find out more about us!
Florence Healthcare supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.