Make everyone fall in love with Flip.
At Flip, we think the best companies take a lot of offline hassle and make it invisible to the user. We're building a platform that makes moving into and out of an apartment as easy as deciding where you want to go. A big part of this vision revolves around our Customer Experience team, which answers incoming questions from renters and maintains a high level of trust and safety within the Flip community.
People remember companies that offer unusually good customer experiences. We need your help to make Flip one of those companies.
As a Customer Experience Associate, you'll spend your day helping people to get the most out of our product. You'll:
- Answer support questions as they come in on different channels (mostly email/chat) quickly and efficiently. Do everything you can think of to make sure that people walk away from the conversation in love with our brand.
- Answer inquires from prospective renters about apartments that we manage. These are typically clarification questions on availability, amenities, and the application process.
- Identify potential bugs or other product issues through conversations with customers and report them internally.
- Enforce our trust and safety policies for keeping renters and listers as safe as possible.
- Contribute to our internal and external documentation.
- We are flexible about working from home (especially weekends), but this is for the most part a job that will require working from our HQ in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- This role requires weekend work. We're open to a variety of 40 hour/week schedules that include at least 10 hours of coverage on Saturday and Sunday (roughly 12pm-5pm but flexible on this as well). For example, if you wanted to work 12pm-5pm Saturday and Sunday in addition to 30 hours of your choice between Monday and Friday, that'd be fine with us. We're open to a compressed schedule if you'd like to only work 3 or 4 days per week; as long as that includes weekends.
- You solve problems. Our Customer Experience team sees a lot of gaps in our product that our customers can’t cross themselves. Help them through while thinking about how to make the process easier for the next person.
- Relevant communications based experienced is important. We need to know that you'll be able to communicate flexibly and clearly.
- Ability to triage between fires that need to be put out immediately and ones that can wait.
- Friendly, clear communication style on text and on the phone, with English fluency.
- Observant enough to spot the small details that matter.
What it's like to work at Flip:
We're a small, non traditional team of entrepreneurially minded people. Take a look at some of our values. How to apply:
Send a short email explaining why you want to work with us and your answer to one of the two prompts below to firstname.lastname@example.org - our team will read it and get back to you if we think there's a fit. Don't use the form below...we won't see your application!
You’re a Lead Fluff Expert at Corgi Insurance Co., a boutique insurance company specializing in health insurance for Corgis. Every time a customer needs to take their Corgi to the vet, they need to call your company to ask for a special one-time use approval code to give to their Vet. When they call in, you pull up their account by email address, click a button to generate a code, and read it to the customer over the phone. Can you think of any improvements to this process?
You are a leasing agent at Roome, a startup specializing in co-living. You’re getting lots of interest in your rooms, so much so that you can barely keep up with demand! Whenever someone is interested, you need to gather information from them over the phone (contact info, salary, roommate preferences, etc.). These calls typically take ~30 minutes. How can you process more applications without hiring more leasing agents?