Grow relationships with landlords and property managers.
Flip is looking for a Business Development Associate to grow our relationships with landlords and property managers. The renter is our core user and we’re on a mission to make leases fit with peoples’ lives, but as our marketplace grows we’re becoming increasingly valuable to apartment owners and managers. Now is the right time for us to lean into that.
BD at Flip is a little different than what you’ll see at other companies. We don’t go looking for qualified prospects. Instead, our users bring them to us. Whether someone listed on our free marketplace and needs help getting a replacement tenant approved, or purchased Flip Instant so they can leave right away, they always connect us to their building’s management so that we can do the talking.
It will be your job to turn each of these property managers into into a partner. We don’t just want them to cooperate, we want them to love us and see us for what we are: the best way to keep their apartments filled with great tenants.
- You have 1-3 years of professional experience in a relatable role. This may include business development, sales, or a real estate development or management role as long as you can demonstrate that you have succeeded at convincing people to do things that were new to them. And you enjoyed it.
- Proof that you’re a self-starter who maniacally sets meetings, seeks out new relationships and gets results.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with prospects over the phone as well as email and in person.
- Demonstrated interest in real estate. You either already understand or are willing to get a crash course in the motivations of real estate developers and their property managers.
- Relationships with multifamily housing property managers
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Work closely with our CEO to prioritize markets, partners and refine Flip’s message based on conversations that you have.
- Develop relationships with property managers across the country, and clearly and concisely convey this message to them.
- Keep multiple relationships and conversations moving forward until we’re partnered with their buildings.
- Open to travel (5-10% of the time at the most)
How to apply:
- A description of your relevant background and interests
- A link to an online profile (i.e., Linkedin) or your resume