Create the first search result for every tenants' rights question.
Flip is looking for a full time editor and writer to help us build a body of useful resources for renters. Our knowledge base, which we lovingly refer to as Learn
, helps tenants, subtenants, roommates and their landlords navigate housing stresses. Key Responsibilities:
Your job will be work with and help create a network of legal writers and researchers to make sure that we're answering any question that a renter in any location might have about their rights. You will spend about half of your time editing the work you assign to these legal writers, and the other half on your own writing. We'll expect you to be pretty self-directed. On a daily basis you'll:
- Read questions sent to our support team, find and add the answers to our knowledge base;
- Look for holes in our current resource library and make decisions about what to assign to lawyers and what to research and write yourself;
- Track the success (measured by how many people are seeing it) of all our resources and think of ways to make them more useful and informative.
When it comes to most legal issues, people have only a general understanding of what's allowed what isn't allowed. If you're a good fit for this role, the prospect of diving into the statutes and the historical cases to figure out what's true should thrill you.
Here are some things we'll look for in your background:
- Evidence that you can write clearly, quickly and accurately (so we'll want to see examples of things you've both researched and written);
- You should be passionate about gathering and organizing information. Background as a researcher would be a good indication of this but it's not necessary;
- Signs that you've worked with content management systems before are not necessary, but you must be open to it. Most of our content is written in markdown language and an errant asterisk, header tag or broken link can have surprisingly large consequences.
What it's like to work at Flip:
We're a small, non traditional team of entrepreneurially minded people. Take a look at some of our values. How to apply:
Send a short email explaining why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach your resume and links to writing, editing or research samples. Do not use the form below.