Flinks is a data company that empowers businesses to provide better financial services to consumers, by connecting users' bank account and providing financial insights. Driven by the belief that data should belong to consumers, Flinks connects to over 250 million financial accounts. Trusted by hundreds of world-class companies, We're following the path of some of Canada’s leading tech companies including Shopify, Wealthsimple. Flinks tech is a core-to-business component for companies that are reshaping the world of finance - TransferWise, WealthSimple, and hundreds of other FinTechs. Flinks currently has two offices in Canada, our head office in Montreal (1001 Rue Lenoir, Suite A114) and the other in Toronto (Wework space - 240 Richmond Street West).
About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced Infrastructure Specialist, in this role you will ensure that Flinks’ services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs, and a faster rate of improvement. You will be responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response of Flinks’ API.
- Ensure high availability & failover of our multi-region infrastructure. We aim for 99.99%;
- Ensure proper monitoring, maintenance and capacity planning of our services and resources;
- Deploy and scale our containerized services across cloud providers. We double every 3 months since we started;
- Contribute to IT operations across Flinks by providing IT services to internal teams;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our security posture by working with the security team.
- You have the ‘SRE mindset’: you recognize that you’re often in the best position to build the tooling that’ll help solve problems your team is facing, and you’re not afraid to get hands-on and do the coding - even if you’re much more an infrastructure expert than a coding expert;
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux
- Experience with major Cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure);
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with large scale systems & networks (load balancer, wan balancer, clusters);
- Experience with data storage (object store & databases)
- Ability to write your own tools (bash, powershell, Go, Python, Ruby)
- Focus on automation, repeatability and speed of execution
- You’ve worked closely with agile teams, understand in-depth their methodologies & technologies (Git, CI/CD);
- Problem-solving: the ability to dig down and provide solutions, or escalate accordingly;
- Collaborative: eager to participate and contribute to the team;
- Creative: out of the box thinker/ problem solver;
- Coachable: the ability to absorb and apply coaching;
- Judgment: the ability to apply causal reasoning.
What's in it for you
- An amazing office space located in one of the most animated areas of Montreal, St-Henri. The RCA building contains a gym and restaurant;
- Unlimited access to the healthiest and tastiest Smoothies and satisfying snacks, fruit and drinks provided daily;
- An environment that encourages autonomy, initiatives and where you can have a direct impact on the future of the company;
- Socials events throughout the year;
- Plenty of books and podcasts from our Library;
- Pet-friendly environment;
- And on top of that, working with talented and driven people who are always ready to go the extra mile with a little splash of craziness in what we do!
Recruiter contact: email@example.com