Flinks is a data company that empowers businesses to provide better financial services to consumers, by connecting users' bank accounts, providing financial insights and credit risk intelligence. Driven by the belief that data should belong to consumers, Flinks connects to over 250 million financial accounts. Trusted by hundreds of world-class companies, Flinks helps them digitize their processes, improve their user experience and reduce delinquency. We're following the path of some of Canada’s leading tech companies including Shopify, Wealthsimple, and Slack, with a nomination at the Canadian Innovation Awards for top New Startup of the year. Flinks tech is a core-to-business component for companies that are reshaping the world of finance - TransferWise, WealthSimple, and hundreds other FinTechs. Flinks currently has two offices in Canada, Headquarter in Montreal (1001 Rue Lenoir suite 116) and one in Toronto (Wework space - 240 Richmond Street West). Also one in United-States (Roam space - 5815 Windward Parkway, Atlanta).
About the Job
This thrilling position requires a can-do, hands-on attitude and an ability to provide superior financial and operational advice. Successful applicants will drive in a fast-paced work environment, will be comfortable in a scaling company, and will possess the financial expertise to add value to Flinks by improving processes and procedures.
- Manage all accounting policies, financial statements and related processes across the company;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Develop, improve, monitor and enforce internal controls, policies and procedures;
- Work with other teams across the company to implement proper tools and processes for enhancing accounting and business processes;
- Prepare and publish all required reporting packages;
- Perform detailed review of monthly financial statements with CEO and COO;
- Collaborate with external auditors for year-end reporting;
- Responsible for all accounting and finance functions, including preparation of all financial statements and reports for management and board of directors;
- Manage external audit process;
- Manage and create budgets and forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- CPA designation is absolutely necessary;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (month-end & year-end reporting) in the Fintech industry an asset;
- Sense of analysis and initiative;
- Good communication and good management of priorities;
- High attention to detail and team-oriented.
-Coachability: the ability to absorb and apply coaching
-Autonomy : the ability to operate in a chaotic startup world and take decisions on your own.
-Intelligence: the ability to apply causal reasoning.
-Problem-solving: the ability to find solutions through effective researching.
-Work ethic: proactively pursuing the uptime team mission with a high degree of energy and daily activity.
More about Flinks
Read more about Flinks' Techbible:
Read more about Flinks’ constitution:
Check out our team and get some of our vision:
Check out our CEO’s winning pitch at Montreal’s Forum FinTech 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=2hMwdg0I6Gc
Check out our Closing round :
Listen our Podcast: Equifax Canada’s Lisa Nelson on Driving Relevant Innovation as a 100-Year-Old Institution