Firewood Marketing is looking for a Director of Strategy, Cloud to lead strategy for the digital initiatives of one of our clients, a major technology company in the Bay Area. The position will work with the client and program team to translate marketing objectives into program design, while also working in close collaboration with the creative team. Solid experience working for enterprise level clients marketing B2B SaaS or cloud based solutions is essential for success on this job.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who is able to collect, analyze, and organize data to create a compelling story. The right candidate will become an expert in the client’s technology platform and industry, and will be the focal point in the development of our marketing initiatives for the client.
Your time will be spent 2-3 days a week at a large tech client in Mountain View and 2 days a week at our own office in Mountain View. Occasional trips to our Headquarters in San Francisco as needed.
- Develop program-level strategies and plans for marketing initiatives
- Identify opportunities and clearly communicate strategic recommendations internally and to the client
- Understand the cloud product suite and provide insights that will inform strategy or creative execution across platform and campaign work
- Build effective business cases that help support the proposed initiatives
- Conduct guerilla research to get quick answers to steer program strategy
- Drive formal research initiatives to gain deeper insights into our clients customers and competition
- Write program briefs
- Effectively distill insights into compact, easy to understand language that inspires conceptual creative development
- Lead effective brainstorming and ideation sessions with creative and client, turning ideas into actionable programs and/or products
- Ability to quickly digest multiple sources of information, connect dots, and propose innovative solutions
- 7+ years of experience in strategic planning, with a digital marketing focus
- Solid experience with Enterprise B2B platform marketing, and enterprise technology
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations
- Experience working on complex projects with multiple senior executive stakeholders.
- Experience conducting, interpreting, and generating actionable insights from bespoke research projects
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Sense of humor and strong team orientation
- Embrace working in a fast paced continually evolving environment