Firewood Marketing, recognized as "2018 Bay Area Best Place to Work", is looking for a talented Art Director to join our creative team in Mountain View. The right candidate has a background in conceptual and digital design, is comfortable working directly with clients, has an acute attention to detail, and is passionate about beautiful, functional, innovative design.
The ideal contender is a go-getter who jumps on new opportunities, gets nerdy about what they do, and works fast and flexibly to get the job done. This is a fast-paced work environment, so attentiveness and the ability to handle multiple projects with ease are a must.
This position can be either full time out of our Mountain View office or split with up to two days working out of our San Francisco office.
- Produce high-quality visual designs, from concept to execution, for digital campaigns, microsites, landing pages, presentations, video, animation, and more
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional team, presenting ideas and designs
- Work directly with writers, project managers, and clients
- Maintain consistent creative quality
- Be a standard-bearer for our culture and values
- Create with diversity and inclusivity in mind
- A solid online portfolio of digital work—print (layout) work is a plus
- Thorough understanding and competency with digital design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch)
- Rockstar illustration skills
- Motion design experience is a huge plus
- Solid understanding of typography and layout
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work through multiple iterations within given timeline
- Ability to work independently, but also be an excellent collaborator with the team and leads
- Ability to work within brand style guides to produce work that is both original and on brand
- Impeccable communication skills
- Humble attitude—No egos here!