At Firewood Marketing, recognized as a, "2018 Bay Area Best Place to Work", we have an awesome opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Copywriter to join our seasoned creative team.
Firewood is not a typical agency environment. This position is with a close-knit creative team, embedded with one of the biggest tech companies in the world. You’ll be sitting next to—not across from—your client, collaborating, brainstorming, and whiteboarding to bring ideas to life. You genuinely love to write, and have a solid grasp of digital platforms and online storytelling. You’re comfortable talking about your ideas, copy, and thought process with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a fast paced but supportive and hyper-collaborative environment. You enjoy new challenges, but also believe in your ability to bring fresh energy and an open mind to recurring projects. You have a mature attitude toward taking in feedback and helping shape the direction of an idea.
You’ll spend your time in our Mountain View office and client site, with occasional travel to our San Francisco office and Redwood City client site as needed.
- Collaborate with our existing team of strategists, designers, other copywriters, and developers to produce high-quality communications, from concept to execution, for email campaigns, landing pages, social media, microsites, and marketing collateral.
- Communicate effectively with clients, as well as in our cross-functional team
- Develop strong client relationships through a solid understanding of their brand and exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Work with your team and creative directors to bring new ideas to the table that exceed the client’s expectations.
- Present and validate concepts and designs effectively
- Be a standard-bearer for our culture and values.
- Create with diversity and inclusivity in mind – furthering our clients' efforts to amplify the voices of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an agency environment.
- Fluent in writing for tech and business (including B2B and B2C).
- Ability to build style guidelines, and adhere to existing guidelines in client work
- Digital is in your DNA. You have a strong understanding of technology and digital platforms.
- Marketing savvy. You have experience working closely with marketers. You understand their language and their challenges. And you have a desire to drive success.
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Passion for strategy and a desire to dig into a brief, challenge a brief, or build upon a brief.
- Ability to take complex concepts and distill them into a conversational, helpful, and human writing.
- Strong allergy to typical marketing jargon and the status quo.
- Experience collaborating through shared documents and presenting work remotely, as well as in person.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work quickly and through multiple iterations while maintaining quality and a strong attention to detail.
- Desire to develop deep, meaningful partnerships with clients and colleagues.
- Email marketing experience is a plus.
- Humility, passion, and a sense of humor are a must!