Firewood Marketing, named a "2018 Bay Area Best Place to Work," is looking for a Director level Senior Strategist to lead strategy and market insights for initiatives across our stable of clients. In this position you will drive qualitative and quantitative research, manage relationships with external research agencies, and develop high quality, unique insights to inform product, partner and marketing decision making.
We are looking for a strategic thinker with deep expertise in both qualitative and quantitative research and enterprise level B2B and B2C marketing. Our ideal candidate is skilled at collecting, analyzing, and organizing data to create a compelling story, has great instincts for data visualization and strengths in translating business objectives into multi-channel program marketing programs.
This job is based in Mountain View, California.
- Translate business questions into research and analytical plans, utilizing the most appropriate methodology to yield the most relevant and actionable insights
- Own the end-to-end process with external marketing research firms: from onboarding, request for proposals (RFPs), briefing; to project management, research instrument design, synthesization and final delivery of results
- Regularly contribute provocative and unexpected insights that can only be found through an integrated data perspective
- Develop business-relevant conclusions from studies and effectively communicate them to senior leadership, study stakeholders, and cross-functional teammates
- Effectively distill insights into compact, easy to understand story and accompanying charts that inspires conceptual creative development
- Develop program-level strategies and plans for marketing initiatives at all stages of the funnel including content strategy, messaging, program design, and creative oversight
- 8-10+ years of progressive marketing and consumer insights experience with a minimum of 3 years in a research function
- Proficient in quantitative and qualitative research methods and best practices, with great comfort analyzing and interpreting research data to surface the most relevant insights
- Ability to synthesize data drawn from both quantitative and qualitative methods, and use both approaches to formulate hunches, validate hypotheses, and produce high quality, unique insights
- Exceptional analytical, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills with ability to link insights to strategy and translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Experience supporting strategy across a variety of different channels, e.g. email, direct mail, media, etc.
- Experience with technology, B2B, Enterprise, SMB marketing. B2C marketing is a plus.
- Sense of humor and strong team orientation
- Embrace working in a fast paced continually evolving environment