Firewood was built on the belief that good people are good business. We’re proud of our vibrant and productive employee-driven culture—offering fully paid health benefits (including insurance for your pet), commuter benefits, and many other perks. We’re recognized as one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Now, about the opportunity: In the Creative Director, Digital Design position, you’ll exercise your passion for digital marketing, your big-picture creative vision, and your eagle eye for details to make the most of every project and build the design systems that drive our work across multiple channels and programs. Our people make everything possible and you will be leading a team of the best, ensuring they have the support and inspiration they need to succeed. This is also a role where you’ll partner closely with our clients at one of the most prestigious tech companies in the Bay Area. Sound like you? Let’s get acquainted!
The ideal candidate is a go-getter who jumps on new opportunities and geeks out over what they do. Humility and collaboration are also a big part of Firewoodians’ DNA.
Your time will be spent primarily at our headquarters in the heart of San Francisco, with some meetings and workshops at the Mountain View and Redwood City offices of our tech client.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of ACDs and art directors to produce high-quality communications, from concept to execution, generating the expression of ideas across all media, particularly email.
- Partner closely with the Creative Director of Copy to support the growth of a unified group of creatives and maintain consistent quality of deliverables.
- Know the brand guidelines inside and out so you can champion the brand in every detail of each deliverable.
- Provide innovative solutions to creative problems, be a thought leader to the team and to the client, and serve as the go-to person when a solution is needed.
- Develop strong client relationships through a deep understanding of their brand and product offering, including the nuances of each program..
- Foster a positive, supportive culture conducive to collaboration; work with leadership to carry out team-building initiatives.
- Regularly connect with direct reports to quickly identify and pursue opportunities for performance improvement, technical training, recognition, and career advancement.
Who we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of experience in an in-house creative department, agency, for B2B and/or B2C communications
- Demonstrated excellence in digital marketing, knowledge of best practices and passion for the work.
- Experience working across global markets. Able to plan for and execute for localization needs, as well as diversity and inclusion across targeted and general audiences.
- Experience managing teams of people, including overseeing work, mentoring, setting goals, conducting reviews, and fostering professional growth.
- Ability to strategize approaches and work with cross functional teams of creative, strategy, production, project and resource management roles to bring projects to life.
- Must be able to understand the different working styles of our team and adapt leadership style to the strengths and weaknesses of each individual.
- Ability to distill complex concepts into cohesive, compelling creative expressions, and to visualize and translate ideas for designers.
- Strong grasp of design principles and best practices, and ability to guide teams to produce work that is original, consistent in style and quality, and on-brand.
- Ability to help define process, allocate resources, manage schedules, and ensure profitability.
- Expert knowledge of creative software including Adobe CC, Sketch, and G-Suite. Motion design software such as After Effects and/or Haiku is a plus.
- Expert understanding of digital channels from a technical standpoint, with specialization in Email and Web, including the capabilities/limitations of HTML, CSS, Java, etc.
- Awareness of new technologies and software solutions that could optimize and advance the creative process.