Firewood Marketing is looking to add a rockstar Account Director, Events to our team. As an Account Director, you’ll be the lead responsible for marketing communications, strategy and management that drive sales growth within our client’s business. This includes touching every part of the customer journey, from acquisition through conversion. Our team is the driving force behind our client’s incentive programs, content development, and events strategy.
Our embedded team partners closely with client marketers to plan, develop and execute all of their marketing communications, both externally to customers and internally to company stakeholders. This role is responsible for managing the daily operation of the team and requires a strategic and analytical thinker who can problem-solve and make decisions in a dynamic team-driven environment.
The ideal candidate is a senior marketing generalist with excellent operational and people management skills who jumps on new opportunities, gets nerdy about what they do, and works fast and flexibly to get the job done. In addition, a deep understanding and respect for the creative process and a demonstrated history of good partnerships with creative and technical teams is essential.This position requires high energy, drive, and integrity, and includes time spent on-site with the Client in Mountain View and in the Firewood offices in San Francisco.
- Manage a team of marketers, serving as the internal team lead, providing direction, leadership and advocacy for the team
- Partner with our client’s lead to develop program approach and timeline. This includes:
- Partnering across teams internally at our client to execute multi-faceted programs including funnel management involving marketing, analytics, and product management
- Facilitating and managing cross-functional teams including creative, technology and strategy
- Managing creative strategy and thought leadership, as well as deliverables and communication
- Coordinate between various areas (Email Production, Product and Engineering, UX, Creative) and make sure projects are moving smoothly and according to timeline
- Write creative briefs to communicate project requirements for product, creative and copywriting teams; act as point of contact for execution and guiding creative team to deliver creative that maps to overall strategy
- Drive overall project management to ensure deliverables are produced on time, on budget, and to client’s specifications, including:
- Program creative execution across all key program areas, including website, email, paid search, tools, video, etc.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Help drive thinking on tests, maintain library of the learnings and results, and advise on CRM strategy overall
- Build and maintain key relationships with client teams at our client
- 10+ years working with both fast-paced client side and agency side, with experience managing teams of 10 or more people.
- Must have worked closely and directly with creatives; deep appreciation for the creative process.
- Experience building and launching global technology platforms, including roadmap planning with ongoing feature launches.
- Demonstrated ability to make thoughtful decisions--whether it’s related to people management, team development, client relationship, or internal process--with foresight and follow through.
- Strong understanding of email/relationship/direct & data driven marketing strategy, practices and principles.
- Experience with SMB target segment and familiarity with SMB opportunities and challenges.
- Clear communicator to team and clients; a natural diplomat with the ability to gather information and push back while maintaining positive relationships.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Comfort working with data a plus.
- BA/BS degree.