We are currently searching for an Associate Director, Event Management to work with us within a large team serving one of our major clients on the Peninsula. This person will be responsible for managing and growing our existing events team, while building and fostering client relationships to help establish and expand our efforts within new business verticals.
- Day to day team management of events team, including coaching and mentoring on event management, and career counseling.
- Oversee team resourcing, staffing, onboarding, and training; responsible for allocation of team resources across multiple verticals and balance of resources and time.
- Reinforce the use of global team processes around event planning, logistics, budgeting, and reporting.
- Identify growth areas, develop strategic plans, and make recommendations on fortifying support of existing program while managing new growth opportunities and additional scale.
- Ultimately, responsible for the success of the team and the delivery and execution of high quality events.
- Support and grow relationship with key client contacts, while empowering the team to manage day-to-day interactions.
- Consistent communication to senior management with updates, status reports, and progress of program development against benchmarks and goals.
- Active participation with extended team to share knowledge and experience.
- Create and maintain a learning and development program that supports the growth of the team as event managers, that both helps the team stay ahead industry related trends and helps the team become better event managers.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong capabilities in the area of team management, ideally with 10+ years of experience managing teams and direct reports and experience with hyper growth teams.
- Previous experience in managing large scale B2B event programs with large volumes of concurrent events, preferably at a global scale.
- Self-motivated team player who has a proclivity for action.
- Highly-responsive, attentive, and quick to react to new and urgent requests.
- Keen ability to keep track of and manage minutiae in a dynamic environment.
- People-person who can quickly form and maintain friendly relationships.
- Able to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
- Possess a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Exhibit a strong ability to re-prioritize tasks on-the-fly to meet unexpected changes in deadlines and deliver on last-minute requests.
- Technically proficient, particularly with the Google suite of products such as Sheets and Slides.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Domestic travel and occasional international travel required.
- 5+ years managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree required.