Firewood Marketing is looking for a enthusiastic Copywriter to join our embedded creative team at a top Silicon Valley tech company. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, passionate and excited to jump feet first into every opportunity—big or small. You genuinely love to write, excel at distilling technical/complex content into natural/accessible language and have a solid grasp of digital platforms and online storytelling. You’re comfortable talking about your ideas, copy and thought process with colleagues and clients and thrive in a fast paced but supportive and hyper-collaborative environment. You enjoy new challenges, but also believe in your ability to bring fresh energy and an open mind to recurring projects. If we met your fav ex-colleague in a bar, they’d gush about your positive attitude, your genuine curiosity and what a true team player you are.
As part of an embedded creative team of writers, designers and strategists, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from a talented and seasoned creative team, forge your own relationships with clients, and hone your strategic and copy chops on a big piece of global business. You’ll be working onsite with our client in Mountain View, Tuesday-Thursday and in San Francisco, Monday and Friday.
- Collaborate with our existing team of strategists, designers, and copywriters to produce high-quality copy, from concept to execution, for email campaigns, landing pages, case studies, events, presentations and more.
- Take complex concepts and distill into a conversational, helpful and human writing.
- Brainstorm concepts with other creatives and strategists that exceed the client’s expectations.
- Work well independently and collaboratively with your team and your clients.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and clients.
- Take ownership of projects from concept through execution and delivery—and know when to ask for help or support.
- Work quickly and through multiple iterations while maintaining strong attention to detail and quality.
- Develop trusted partnerships with clients and colleagues.
- Consistently meet deadlines and over deliver in a fast paced environment.
- A solid portfolio of strong copy work.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in an agency or inhouse environment on B2B and/or B2C communications.
- Experience writing for tech and business (including B2B, and B2C).
- Digital is in your DNA. You have a strong understanding of technology and digital platforms.
- Experience collaborating through shared documents and presenting work remotely, as well as in person.
- A desire and demonstrated ability to not write typical marketing jargon.
- Passion for digital storytelling.