Can you create a picture from a thousand words? Then our Presentation Specialist job is for you. Firewood Marketing is growing and we’re looking to add an eager and energetic visual thinker to our creative team in San Francisco. The right candidate has a background in conceptual and digital design, is comfortable working directly with clients, has an acute attention to detail, and is passionate about creating beautiful, functional, and innovative presentation work.
This person is expert at taking complex, abstract ideas and building visual components to accurately represent them. They’re a strategic thinker first, a visual content creator second, and a buttoned-up designer third. They’re collaborative, curious, and have a flair for creativity that results in well-communicated presentations that impress. The ideal candidate is a go-getter who jumps on new opportunities, gets nerdy about what they do, and works fast and flexibly to get the job done.
Your time will be spent at our headquarters in the heart of San Francisco.
- Absorb and digest complex and abstract concepts, and return them in relevant, simple, and sensible slides—light on text and heavy on visuals
- Work with business leaders to understand and parse details of vision and strategy
- Build visually engaging presentation slides that are intuitive, meaningful, and easy to understand
- Design presentations for every audience from internal executive presentations to large-scale external events
- Build relationships across internal teams and enable visual storytelling initiatives
- Collaborate with clients, internal executives, strategists, and creatives to turn rough-around-the-edge sketches into professional-grade representations
- A solid online portfolio of presentation work (primary) along with other media work (secondary)
- 5+ years of experience at a creative agency, consulting firm, or equivalent strategy and marketing experience
- Experience in developing and delivering executive presentations
- Thorough understanding of and competency with digital design tools (e.g., advanced skills in the Adobe Creative Suite—especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Thorough understanding of and competency with presentation software and platforms including Microsoft PowerPoint (advanced), Apple Keynote (advanced), and Google Slides
- Ability to generate and draw concepts on whiteboards during internal brainstorms
- Ability to create storyboards for presentations based on given content
- Solid understanding of typography and layout
- Solid understanding of purposeful animations and motion in presentations
- Ability to work through multiple iterations and to work quickly in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, but also be an excellent collaborator with the team
- Ability to work within brand style guides to produce work that is both original and on brand
- Impeccable communication skills