We’re looking to add a rockstar Senior Front-End Developer to our creative team. In this position, you will partner with development leads, designers, project managers, and others to produce and execute email campaigns, banner ads, and webpages for our clients. Sound like you?
The ideal candidate is highly organized and has strong technical skills, including working with modern web technologies, writing legible code, and staying up to date with best practices. He or she is not afraid of the command line and loves to collaborate, working fast and flexibly to get the job done. Your time will be spent at our main office in San Francisco.
- Build, test, and deploy email campaigns, banner ads, and webpages for high-profile brands in a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment.
- Work with development leads, designers, project managers, and others to seamlessly transition designs into deployment.
- Stay up to date with modern web technologies and build processes, as well as email client and device limitations, to create and adapt responsive templates accordingly.
- Act as the expert on email and web development—create, communicate, and apply best practices to continually improve results.
- Maintain a transparent workflow, addressing and communicating issues that could impact production-cycle dependencies and deadlines.
- Suggest operational and workflow improvements to constantly improve in-house production process.
- Facilitate production to plan and prioritize requests, adjusting course as needed.
- Follow quality assurance plans and protocol to ensure flawless execution and deployment.
- Must have front-end development experience for email and web, with proficient knowledge of HTML, CSS/SASS, and JS. Knowledge of templating systems (Handlebars, Assemble) is a plus.
- Must have experience building pixel-perfect layouts from submitted designs. Knowledge of creating optimized image assets from design programs (Sketch, Photoshop) is a plus.
- Must have experience creating fluid and responsive layouts in adherence to email client, device, and browser limitations.
- Must be able to provide relevant examples of previous email development.
- Must have experience with Git and using the command line for basic tasks. Knowledge of package managers (NPM, Bower) and task runners (Grunt, Gulp) is a plus.
- Resourceful problem solver who quickly gathers information and is comfortable with new technologies and concepts.
- Ability to thrive and meet aggressive goals and timelines in a fast-paced high-volume, and ever-changing environment.
- Must be a results-oriented and highly motivated self-starter who can work independently to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and a very strong attention to detail.
- 5+ years experience in front-end development, preferably in conjunction with design teams and project managers.
- BA/BS degree preferred.