We have an awesome opportunity for a Sr. Copywriter with a flair for translating complex technical messages into jargon-free, conversational copy.
We’re looking for a versatile, dynamic writer to join a seasoned team supporting a top Silicon Valley technology client. You’ve worked closely with technology clients and are as comfortable writing for a developer audience as you are for client partners and IT decision makers. You’re well-versed in cloud concepts and terms from both a technical and a business perspective. You’re a self-starter who’s also adept at collaborating with fellow team members. Your former colleagues can’t say enough about your great attitude, your strong attention to detail, and your ability to deliver spot-on copy.
Your time will be spent at our headquarters in the heart of San Francisco.
- Collaborate with our existing team to produce high-quality communications, from concept to execution, for emails, landing pages, social media, microsites, and marketing collateral.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, skillfully presenting ideas and copy.
- Develop strong client relationships through deep understanding of clients’ brand and exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Maintain consistent creative quality.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an agency environment on B2B and/or B2C communications
- Strong research background, having produced marketing campaigns, white papers, and more in the technology and data field. Bonus points for experience with the cloud platform space, and speaking to a developer audience
- Email marketing experience, specifically for tech/data industry, is a huge plus
- Editorial writing style, and ability to take complex concepts and distill them into copy with a conversational and helpful tone
- Ability to strategize content approaches
- Be able to work independently or with a group to solve a problem
- A desire and demonstrated ability to not write typical marketing jargon
- Ability to own the writing of a project, as well as edit other people’s work
- Comfortable bringing ideas to the table, especially for ways to better communicate complex information simply and as a perfect complement to design
- Strong understanding of how the internet and the web work