Firewood Marketing is looking for a Sr Director, Strategy to lead strategy for various initiatives across our stable of clients. The position will work with the client and Group Account Director to translate marketing objectives into program design.
We are looking for a strategic thinker. Our ideal candidate is able to collect, analyze, and organize data to create a compelling story. The right candidate will become an expert in the client’s industry, and will be the focal point in the development of our marketing initiatives for the client.
- Develop program-level strategies and plans for marketing initiatives including lifecycle marketing strategies.
- Effectively distill insights into compact, easy to understand language that inspires conceptual creative development.
- Own content strategy development.
- Identify opportunities and clearly communicate strategic recommendations internally and to the client.
- Build effective business cases that help support the proposed initiatives.
- Conduct research to get quick answers to steer program strategy.
- Drive formal research initiatives to gain deeper insights into our clients customers and competition.
- Write program briefs.
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience, with a minimum of 2 years in strategic planning.
- Worked in an environment that focuses heavily on data driven outcomes.
- Experience supporting strategies across a variety of different channels, e.g. email, direct mail, media, etc.
- Solid experience with Enterprise and SMB B2B marketing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Experience conducting, interpreting, and generating actionable insights from bespoke research projects.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities.
- Sense of humor and strong team orientation.
- Embrace working in a fast paced continually evolving environment.