Why this role exists:
Simply put, we need your help to craft, scale, and manage our growth engine.
We’ve built an amazing product and have seen good early traction so far. Now it’s time to launch and execute a growth strategy that will get our product in front of even more potential customers.
You’ll need to test and scale new acquisition channels, build a retention playbook, and optimize our conversation rates throughout the funnel.
What’s in it for me?
* The opportunity to join a well-funded, fast-growing startup as a founding member of the growth team.
* A chance to hone your skills and showcase your leadership in a role that’s essential to the success of our entire business.
* The pleasure of working alongside talented, passionate entrepreneurs who joined FireHydrant from other top tech companies like DigitalOcean, CoreOS, and Namely.
* You’ll enjoy all the perks and freedoms of startup life, with all the thrills and challenges of building something incredible from scratch.
* 3+ years working on a fast-paced, data-driven team with strong mentors and a proven track record of scaling customer growth.
* Experience building marketing from scratch. Trying lots of different things and learning quickly from failure.
* Strong familiarity with today’s top acquisition channels (paid, organic, affiliate, etc.).
What you’ll be working on:
* Building a high-powered growth strategy from scratch. Coming up with a vision and a detailed model for how FireHydrant will grow from a small startup to a big business.
* Testing and growing new acquisition channels. Coming up with the high level strategy and rolling up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to grow the channel.
* Working alongside product and engineering to come up with experiments aimed at optimizing conversion throughout the entire marketing > product funnel.
* Analyzing the performance of initiatives across marketing. Evaluating the results of campaigns, channels, and experiments to determine their ROI and scalability.
* Picking up the phone to learn from customers or pitch FireHydrant to potential partners.
* You’re eager to learn fast and fail often.
* You can wear lots of different hats and aren’t afraid to learn a new skill quickly if it means helping the team or removing a blocker.
* You want to build our growth playbook from scratch.
* You work smart. It’s easy to waste time on things that don’t drive growth. You need to be laser focused on the activities that have the biggest impact.
Hard skills we love to see:
* Proven experience in paid marketing (AdWords, etc.)
* Strong analytical chops (Google Analytics, Excel, SQL)
* Proven experience creating content (written, visual, etc.)
* A proven ability to communicate across a multitude of channels and media (copywriting, blog posts, slide decks, videos, internal docs).
* Bonus: design skills (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Canva) or basic coding abilities (HTML, CSS)
Personal and professional attributes:
* Motivated by growth, driven by more than just a paycheck
* Passionate about our mission and the chance to drive our growth
* Self-reliant and comfortable working without much guidance
Location: New York City/Remote
Benefits: 100% covered Healthcare with dental/vision options, pre-tax subway pass, gym membership discounts, etc.