At FireHydrant, we’re building tools that modern operations teams are using to respond to incidents and resolve outages in their globally-distributed applications. We bring order when our customers are experiencing chaos.
As a software engineer, you’ll build the foundational services that power our product and scale to meet our customer’s needs. You’ll work with a variety of technologies as you design, build, and ship our rapidly expanding product. As an early member of our team, you’ll get to lay the groundwork for future product innovation and scaling capabilities.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building developer-focused products, care deeply about security and customer trust, and are comfortable learning new skills that will deliver value to our customers.
We’ve built our initial MVP and are onboarding customers now. You’ll help us scale our application out and build integrations for new platforms (example: we integrate with Kubernetes but need Nomad, Heroku, etc) and new features.
You’ll be working on
- Scalable, resilient systems that support product and feature development
- Integration with third-party tools like chat, alerting, project management, source control, and CI/CD
- Building a high-volume event intake platform where missing a beat means missing critical customer data
- Responding to production issues through an on-call rotation, our systems need to be working when our customer’s systems aren’t
We’re looking for someone who
- Has experience or interest in building distributed, resilient systems that scale
- Can pick the right technologies for the job, and can learn the right technologies when they need
- Takes ownership of a project from concept to production
- Enjoys working with, teaching, and learning from a diverse group of people
- Knows why good is better than good enough, but also knows why perfect is the enemy of good
- Design scalable, resilient services to support new integrations with third-party alerting, project management, CI/CD, etc tools
- Participate in an on-call rotation as needed to support the availability needs of the product for our customers; as you can imagine, we need to be more available than them
- Build a system to ingest all new events from AWS CloudTrail, transform them into our data structures and present the most actionable data to customers
- Develop integrations with project management tools like JIRA or Trello to create follow-up items from incidents and sync their status over time for use in reporting systems
- Create valuable reporting systems used by customer leadership teams in staying informed on the progress of their teams
- Quick screening call to get a better understanding of what you’re looking to work on and elaborate on our team’s goals
- Video interview with a few members of our current team
- Technical walk-through of an open source or personal project you’re proud of. We believe technical interviews should be practical, and are not something done on a whiteboard.
- On-site interview in our NYC headquarters
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with engineers around the US, our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square).
- We collaborate through Slack, Google Meet, Github pull requests, and Pivotal Tracker.
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance; we’re early stage but work reasonable hours and want you to use your vacation time
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 50% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year
- Wellness program: reimbursements for your gym membership, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc