Finite State is seeking a mid-level to senior-level Platform Engineer to design, build and maintain our Sensor products. At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). The Platform Engineer will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and maintaining the software platform that supports our sensor products. The Platform Engineer will be a key member of the engineering team and will work closely with product and customer success teams as well as external system builders and integrators.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop software to support our Linux-based network sensor platform.
- Operate autonomously in our AWS cloud environment to process, enrich, analyze and present data
Candidates MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Experience writing software in popular systems-oriented programming languages (such as BASH, Python, Go, C, or C++)
- Experience developing software in a team environment, leveraging tools such as Git, make, CMake, and CI systems)
- Basic understanding of cyber security concepts
- A passion for learning and a willingness to pitch in across the entire stack
- Experience developing network security tools, software, and/or modules
Exceptional candidates will also have the following experience:
- Substantial experience developing cyber security solutions
- Experience with physical and virtual appliances or embedded systems
- Experiencing developing packages for Linux distributions
- Experience with IDS/IPS tools
About Finite State
Our mission at Finite State is to protect the next generation of networks by providing impactful security and intelligence for all of the connected things on those networks. We pursue that mission as a close-knit team fostering a company culture that uniquely combines the advantages of working in a startup setting with the impact of a global cybersecurity firm.
Work at the forefront of cyber security, and help us bring enterprise security into the IoT era. We value our team culture, and we are looking for those that are passionate about cyber security, IoT, and big data. Join us as we leverage massive data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the explosion of IoT!
Built on two decades of collective cyber-security experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence community, Finite State was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in the heart of the Midwest in Columbus, Ohio.