At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). We are seeking a mid- to senior-level Product Engineer to help wrangle the volume, velocity, and variety intensive data challenges it faces in building a game-changing cyber-security platform.
Succeeding in our company's mission entails:
- Automating firmware reverse engineering at scale.
- Quickly processing large amounts of network traffic meta-data for device discovery and anomaly detection.
- Augmenting the quality of our analytics by taking an all source intelligence approach to understanding client environments.
- Providing an engaging application experience that brings it all together.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensure high quality software is built by developing tests, contributing to code reviews, and teaching/learning from the team.
- Optimize the performance of web applications to maximize response speed and scale.
- Assist in refining task automation and product delivery efficiency.
Candidates at a minimum must:
- Have built modern API’s using GraphQL, node.js, django, rails, or other dynamic language frameworks.
- Have worked with multiple front end frameworks to build rich client-side applications using frameworks such as React or Vue.
- Possess experience designing database tables and SQL queries.
- Be familiar with document organization and access patterns in NoSQL environments.
- Have experience optimizing the performance of web applications for speed and scale.
- Deeply understand important design patterns and tradeoffs.
- Have experience working with caching and queueing systems.
- Have experience automating routine tasks and understand when, where, and how to use CI/CD pipeline tools.
Exceptional candidates will:
- Have experience working in a start-up environment.
- Have substantial knowledge of the specific AWS technologies in our ecosystem.
- Have deep experience with React and GraphQL.
- Have worked in a serverless environment.
- Understand and have worked with asynchronous tools for reports, data processing and data pipelines.
- Have an understanding of the cyber-security domain.
About Finite State
We accelerate innovation with connected devices by keeping their dynamic risks in check.
Our technology helps customers discover devices on their network, understand how they work, and secure vulnerabilities quickly. Modern enterprises should not have to sacrifice security for progress. Our tools make it possible for CISOs and their business units to do realistic risk management while liberating innovation work from dated security positions.
Built on two decades of collective cyber-security experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence community, Finite State was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in the heart of the Midwest in Columbus, Ohio.