Finite State is seeking a mid-level to senior-level Product Manager to help shape and lead product development and delivery efforts across the company. At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). We see every day how the rapid growth of unmanaged devices within enterprise networks is changing the game for security teams, and we are looking for an innovative and passionate PM who wants to make an impact on a global problem.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Works with the Executive Team to lead and drive the end to end strategy and operational product roadmap for developing and delivering IoT security capabilities in complex products across the entire product portfolio.
- Gathers, develops, prioritizes, and manages product requirements that can be implemented by the Engineering team.
- Builds and delivers the value proposition, target customer segments, and business case to bring innovative and disruptive security technologies to market while considering the whole company product portfolio (i.e. financials, market share, competitive information, pricing, etc.).
- Works within an Agile Scrum environment alongside the product engineering team by providing feature clarity, direction, and prioritization.
- Works with the Sales Team to gather requirements, manage customer and sales team expectations, and prioritize features to ensure deals are closing quickly.
- Acts as a cyber security subject matter expert and voice of the customer.
Candidates MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, Business, or related field
- 5+ years experience within the cyber security industry
- 3+ years experience in a product management role (especially within a cyber security product)
- Strong knowledge of the market and use cases related to vulnerability scanning, network segmentation, anomaly detection, and SIEM
- Experience working with cyber security product APIs and other points of integration
- Experience with large scale data systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to meet with customers (up to 25% travel)
- A passion for learning and a willingness to pitch in across the entire business
Exceptional candidates will also have the following experience:
- Experience working within a Security Operations Center
- Experience with working with embedded and/or IoT devices
- Experience with industrial and/or IoT cyber security
- Substantial experience developing cyber security solutions
- Experience deploying and maintaining physical and virtual appliances
- Experience and interest in supporting marketing efforts including developing white papers, powerpoint decks, and graphics assets
About Finite State
Our mission at Finite State is to protect the next generation of networks by providing impactful security and intelligence for all of the connected things on those networks. We pursue that mission as a close-knit team fostering a company culture that uniquely combines the advantages of working in a startup setting with the impact of a global cybersecurity firm.
Work at the forefront of cyber security, and help us bring enterprise security into the IoT era. We value our team culture, and we are looking for those that are passionate about cyber security, IoT, and big data. Join us as we leverage massive data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the explosion of IoT!
Built on two decades of collective cyber-security experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence community, Finite State was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in the heart of the Midwest in Columbus, Ohio.