Finite State is seeking a Software Engineering Intern. At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). The Software Engineering Intern will be responsible for contributing to front-end and back-end software to support data-intensive applications that provide visibility, risk management, and security to our customers' networks.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Write software in support of full stack engineering efforts in a stack that includes Python, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elastic, AWS, GraphQL, and Apache NiFi
- Operate in our AWS cloud environment to process, enrich, analyze and present data
- Contribute to system testing
- Conduct data tagging and cleaning
Candidates MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a program leading to a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Basic understanding of cyber security concepts
- A passion for learning and a willingness to pitch in across the entire stack
Exceptional candidates will also have the following experience:
- Experience with cyber security coursework, clubs, and competitions
- Understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Experience with embedded systems and IoT devices
- Experience with reverse engineering and systems analysis
About Finite State
We accelerate innovation with connected devices by keeping their dynamic risks in check.
Our technology helps customers discover devices on their network, understand how they work, and secure vulnerabilities quickly. Modern enterprises should not have to sacrifice security for progress. Our tools make it possible for CISOs and their business units to do realistic risk management while liberating innovation work from dated security positions.
Built on two decades of collective cyber-security experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence community, Finite State was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in the heart of the Midwest in Columbus, Ohio.