Finite State is seeking a mid-level to senior-level Full Stack Data Engineer. At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). The Full Stack Data Engineer will be responsible for researching, designing, and implementing data-intensive applications that provide visibility, risk management, and security to our customers' networks.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Operate autonomously in our AWS cloud environment to process, enrich, and analyze data
- Build and deploy analytical micro-services
- Support full stack engineering efforts in a stack that includes Python, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, Elastic, AWS, GraphQL, and Apache NiFi
- Develop data models for complex cyber security problems
- Develop and deploy statistical analytical capabilities
Candidates MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Experience in data modeling
- Experience developing software in large scale data environments
- Basic understanding of cyber security concepts
- Willingness to learn and pitch in across the entire stack
Exceptional candidates will also have the following experience:
- Substantial experience developing cyber security solutions
- Deep understanding of statistical software and machine learning frameworks
- Experience with embedded systems and IoT devices
- Experience with reverse engineering and systems analysis
About Finite State
We accelerate innovation with connected devices by keeping their dynamic risks in check.
Our technology helps customers discover devices on their network, understand how they work, and secure vulnerabilities quickly. Modern enterprises should not have to sacrifice security for progress. Our tools make it possible for CISOs and their business units to do realistic risk management while liberating innovation work from dated security positions.
Built on two decades of collective cyber-security experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence community, Finite State was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in the heart of the Midwest in Columbus, Ohio.