Why this role is important to Field Nation
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will be the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. The BDR will play a critical cole in developing leads from marketing campaigns and seeking new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. Ultimately, this role will boost new logo sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. Field Nation is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. We are located in Minneapolis, MN.
Who Will Love this Job:
A results-oriented executor: You have previous experience in meeting and exceeding sales goals. You are competitive by nature and take pride in achieving the goals that are set out for you.
A team player: You understand the critical role you play between marketing and sales and have strong communication skills needed for this collaborative role. You know your job is to identify high quality leads to pass along to the Business Development Managers.
A relationship builder: You have a knack for building trusting relationships. You are naturally inquisitive and curious and enjoy asking all of the questions that help you understand the customer’s pain points.
What you’ll do:
- You will participate in lead qualification activities and pass along qualified new leads for high-potential business to the Business Development Managers by completing the following activities:
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Generating prospect lists utilizing available lead generation tools.
- Using a combination of cold calling, email marketing, prospect facing activities for pipeline generation.
- Creating multi-touch reach out sequences (emails, LinkedIn messages,talking points)
- Organizing prospects into sequences using GroovePlacing outbound phone calls to warm prospects
- Exceeding activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Setting up intro meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Business Development Managers for high potential accounts.
- For those accounts that are not considered “high-potential” but who still need to be sold, you will own the following:
- Conducting the sales process around Discovery, Sales Pursuit and Closing and setting Customer Success up for success
- Hunting and prospecting this new business.
- Partnering with and engaging with key stakeholders within your prospect accounts to include providing product demos and answering product questions.
- Demonstrating a professional, customer centric approach during all customer interactions.
- Closing deals by selling on the value of Field Nation.
What you’ll need:
- Post-Secondary degree or related Business experience
- 2-5 years of inside or outside sales or relevant business experience
- Prior experience with cold calling
- Desire to work and thrive in a fast-pace, ever-changing market and environment
- Motivated by achieving extraordinary goals
- Obsession with creating unbelievable products
- Experience in Field Service, Telecom, IT Services, Technology, Staffing, Electrical, or Retail industries preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach, and Groove preferred
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation
, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility