Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Sr. Data Architect will lead the efforts in ensuring data is organized, understood, and accessible across our organization. This person will bring passion and advocacy to assist in building our culture of data driven decision making through building cross-functional relationships and a shared understanding of data’s future at Field Nation. This person will be expected to understand database architecture, current and future reporting needs, and warehousing technologies in order to consult on and help design forward-looking solutions for both business intelligence and advanced analytics. This position offers the opportunity to be in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you'll do:
- Lead the development of the enterprise data architecture strategy
- Collaborate with Data Engineer on architecture and further development of data warehouse and associated pipelines to align with business data needs.
- Assist various departments in how data is structured and flows between systems to enable clean and consistent reporting that adheres to our data definitions.
- Establish, communicate and lead the adoption of data standards, definition, and best practices across the enterprise.
- Work closely with product delivery teams to ensure the data around product changes is architectured to support and influence internal business decisions and product roadmap.
- Document key data models and relationships across the enterprise so relationships and dependencies are well understood.
- Work with Business Intelligence Analyst to be aware of missing data elements and then work with other teams and systems to solve those issues across the organization.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years in a data position at a high growth, agile technology company.
- Previous experience in a data leadership role.
- Analytical and data driven approach identifying opportunities and solutions.
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and execute on a business strategy
- Ability to excel in an agile environment
- Thorough understanding of data principles, theories and concepts.
- Architecture experience with focus on data architecture, business systems integration, business intelligence, reporting and analytics.
- Database technologies – SQL, performance tuning concepts, AWS RDS, RedShift, MS SQL, MySQL.
- Industry standard techniques for data modeling, process modeling, master data management, metadata management and enterprise data management and data stewardship.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation
, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017 and 2018 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility