Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Senior Product Marketing Manager is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You are the resident expert on our clients, including how they make their buying decisions. You are also well versed on what our competitors do today and what they plan to do in the future. You back up your insights with market evidence and use that knowledge to drive positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empower our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop programs that drive revenue. Attention to detail and the ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our clients’ problems are key to your success. In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels. Your role is a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing and is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing team to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target audience.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with cross-functional teams and third parties. Highly collaborative.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation
, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017 and 2018 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility