Why is this role important to Field Nation?
As a senior member of the UX Design team, you will be a strong advocate for the user while serving the goals of the business. This critical position will be a key member of a new product offering. You will participate in the discovery, definition, and delivery of this offering. In addition, this position will be essential in the development of our mobile strategy. If you are highly creative and enjoy working in a collaborative, high-growth environment, we’d love to connect with you! This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What You’ll Do:
- Advocate for an integrated, mobile first, consistent design across the end-to-end product experience
- Promote user-centered decisions that drive business growth by influencing and educating across the organization about Design best practices.
- Design end to end experiences that involve multiple connected features and use cases
- Design for a product using mobile first methodologies that involves simultaneous interactions between multiple user types and devices
- Deliver high-quality designs for mobile, tablet and desktop experiences.
- Work as a team or individually to produce rapid prototypes
- Promote user-centered decision-making based on cohesive design principles and patterns
- Employ a range of human-centered design techniques, such as conceptual models, personas, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions
- Collaborate and develop documentation to guide engineering, marketing, customer support, and content creation
- Utilize a toolbox of UX & UI methodologies to deliver well thought out artifacts
- Lead and participate in collaborative discovery and design efforts
- Provide user and usability insight to product efforts
- Design engaging, usable and accessible products for mobile apps & web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Developers to create best-in-class software experiences
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years experience in user-centered product design across web, mobile, and desktop applications
- Experience in iterative software discovery and delivery methodologies, coupled with a deep understanding of user experience methods, best practices, design principles, problem-framing skills
- Product lifecycle design experience from ideation to delivery both for all types of screen sizes and device types.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating UX & UI techniques applied to product discovery, design, and implementation.
- Experience developing and utilizing interactive prototypes for design validation
- A constant drive to learn new skills and ideas. Stay curious.
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation
, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017 and 2018 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility