The Sales Operations Specialist will collaborate with the Sales Operations team to create the ultimate sales process by leveraging data. They partner with cross-functional teams to identify customer and business needs from a data perspective. As a subject matter expert in all things Salesforce.com and other data management systems this person will use data to tell a story that will influence leadership decisions. This role will offer the hands-on opportunity to execute on objectives and learn in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment. This role is located in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Who will love this job:
- A Problem Solver: You know how to put all of the complicated puzzle pieces together so that the end result is seamless.You’re able to sift through the minutiae to create short and long-term plans. You’re not easily overwhelmed by obstacles, as you see them as opportunities.
- An Influencer/Collaborator: You know when to bring in resources across functional lines to improve the overall customer experience. You have the innate ability to persuade and convince in order to move things forward. You recognize the importance of teams working in harmony towards a common goal.
- Subject Matter Expert: You thrive being the go-to-person about a variety of topics. You are a wealth of knowledge and you are continuously learning. You love advising others and are trusted by cross-functional partners.
What you’ll do:
- Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Salesforce.com and other data management/BI Systems.
- Support sales team growth by developing and/or compiling content for on-boarding, training, scripts, and role-specific playbooks
- Assist Sales organization in creating, processing and auditing sales opportunities, quotes and bookings
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on sales campaigns and lead generations
- Identify and implement operational improvements to maximize efficiency and enhance sales process
- Partner with Sales leadership to determine process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Manage numerous ad hoc requests concurrently that assist in driving leadership decision
- Identify and suggest creative pricing and payment solutions balancing customer needs and pricing policies
- Review Quotes and Order Forms for accuracy and completeness, while ensuring all Orders are approved within pricing and discount policies.
- Create and send monthly reports where needed with the ability to understand, analyze, and explain as necessary
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Data Analytics or related field
- Analytical ability to extract key business insights through data analysis
- Salesforce subject matter expert with experience creating reports, optimizing processes, training new hires and developing/managing dashboards
- Previous deal desk and/or revenue recognition experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks; proven strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure execution and business impact
- Experience working in a technology product company is a plus
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation
, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017, 2018 and 2019; we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them with extraordinary benefits. Field Nation is an equal opportunity employer.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility