Why this position is important to Field Nation:
This Sr. Software Engineer with Front End focus will have the opportunity to impact the product through creating and designing new features, delivering on the product roadmap releases, and working collaboratively across the organization to continuously build up our product. This position will offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. Field Nation is located in downtown Minneapolis, MN (just next to IDS Center).
What You’ll Work On:
- Cutting edge technology SaaS solution hosted on AWS that enables today’s and tomorrow’s Gig economy.
- Frontend built with React and Redux.
- Backend built on PHP, MySQL and increasingly NodeJS based microservices, exposed via REST API
- Services built and deployed using Docker containers managed by Kubernetes.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with Product Management, UX, and our customers to craft product features.
- Work cross-functionally to improve our UI component development and usage process as part of our overall design system.
- Assist in preparing technical specs as a team
- Bring fresh ideas on how technology can be used to solve big problems.
What You’ll Need:
- Software development experience with Front End focus
- Ability to write clean standards-compliant HTML and CSS. Preprocessor experience (LESS/SASS) a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL – MySQL specifically is a plus.
- Familiarity with Git version control system.
- Knowledge of Linux or other Unix-based systems (Ubuntu/Debian is a plus).
- Experience with Web Services based solutions (REST specifically).
- Experience with Microservice architecture is a plus.
- Broad technical knowledge – we look for people who can tie together technologies to solve really big problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and across teams.
- Ability to break down larger initiatives into manageable pieces.
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus.
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation
, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017, 2018 and 2019; we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them with extraordinary benefits. Field Nation is an equal opportunity employer.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility