Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Director of Product Management will have the opportunity to support and impact Field Nation’s product management team by providing mentorship, career development and technical leadership in collaboration with our EVP of Product. This role will be hands on with product management team members as they continue to grow and scale their product offerings. By leading with a strong cross-functional approach, this position will partner closely with development, UX, sales, marketing, and other internal teams to connect the overall product strategic road map to top notch execution. Join us in our fast-paced, high growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. We are located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product management team to encourage and support individual and team technical and professional growth.
- Collaborate with Development, UX, and other internal teams to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Ensure the team structure and design aligns appropriately with the product strategy.
- Look for opportunities to increase productivity by ensuring team members are focused on right activities.
- Ensure execution against multiple initiatives across multiple product offerings through partnership with team members
Vision & Product Strategy
- Represent the “voice of the customer” by discovering new opportunities to solve customer problems and grow the product business.
- Mobilize and sell own team, senior Leadership, and key stakeholders on vision and execution plans.
- Strategically plan to secure needed resources for vision realization.
Customer Development / Product Development
- Lead product development for owned product(s) using practices of Rapid Prototyping, Customer Development, and Lean Startup methods to validate product-market fit prior to scaling.
- Lead initiative prioritization using evidence through due diligence, customer, and expert interviews.
Leadership, Collaboration, & Execution:
- Be ultimately accountable for the end to end quality of user & customer onboarding & engagement on the marketplace.
- Lead the process of creating business objectives and key results for owned product(s).
- Assess value and effort to prioritize opportunities for maximizing value and strategic alignment.
- Lead Go-to-market strategy and cross-functional process for owned product(s) in collaboration with key stakeholders and functions.
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- Encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization’s direction.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years in a software product management/strategy
- 5+ years of people management
- Marketplace or network (multi-sided platform) experience highly preferred.
- Deep expertise in the Product Management discipline within B2B products
- 7+ years of experience in software development (product, user experience or coding) or software marketing
- Strong interest in market research, due diligence, and ability to analyze and transform the information into strategy.
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience.
- Experience working in an fast-paced development environment including Lean Startup and Customer Development methods.
- Sharp eye for Product Design.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, hyper growth organization
- Analytical and data driven approach identifying, defining, and prioritizing opportunities and solutions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Business or related field
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.