Hardware Product Safety Specialist
Fetch Robotics is a leading provider of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR's) that is revolutionizing the logistics industry. We are a young start-up growing at an incredibly rapid pace and we're looking for talented and enthusiastic people who are comfortable with a large degree of ownership and able to take risks.
A successful Hardware Product Safety Specialist candidate will have a deep understanding of regulatory compliance, with a special eye towards safety as it relates to Autonomous Robots. This person will be the Safety person at Fetch, with characteristics as follows:
- Deep understanding of regulatory, compliance, including industry standards
- Understands and works towards compliance to written specifications - Fully understands industry specifications such as ISO, ANSI, etc
- Has experience in safety, preferably machine safety
- Solid understanding of European requirements, with emphasis on CE mark certification
- Should have working knowledge of QA, Reliability, Verification and Validation - Outspoken and willing to voice strong opinion, based on full knowledge of Fetch system
- Has a system level understanding, ability to learn in detail full system (HW, SW, test, etc)
- Should be able to understand at a system-level a complex product that contains mechanical, electrical, firmware, and software components
● Acts as the subject matter expert in all things regulatory compliance, with a specific emphasis on safety
● Attend Robotics Standards committee meetings, representing and promoting Fetch’s interest
● Hands on member of the Hardware team, supporting the needs of product development in multiple areas such as, but not limited to: release-to-manufacturing documentation, ECO control of parts and documents, test procedure creation and development, etc.
● Interface with all disciplines within the company: Hardware, Software, QA, Marketing and Operations.
● Leverage external resources such as compliance test labs and compliance specialists / consultants to successfully test and certify the efficacy of compliance testing of Fetch products
● Work closely with the Hardware team to debug, troubleshoot, and document internal and field issues, with an emphasis on regulatory . safety compliance items
● Project management support for internal Hardware projects, where needed
● Documentation and document control support for transitioning products from Engineering to Production
● Support QA testing as it relates to safety, such as testing compliance to standards, data and trend analysis, and failure mode analysis
● 4 year college degree, BSEE or BSME preferred.
● Minimum 5 years experience working in Compliance / Regulatory environment
● Minimum 4 years experience in a product development and/or manufacturing environment
Nice to Haves
● Startup experience
● Robotics experience
● EMC Compliance testing experience
● NPI / Release-to-manufacturing experience
● Document control experience