Fernish is a subscription service for your home. We create a flexible and inspired home experience for an increasingly mobile society. We let you choose the home furnishings you want and however long you want them, for one monthly subscription price.
Fernish was founded in 2017 and is backed by Techstars and a group of notable angel and institutional investors. We have been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, GeekWire, LA Business Journal, and Cheddar TV among other local and national publications.
Fernish is seeking a handy, detail-oriented, and organized individual. The ideal applicant may have a history and passion for woodworking and some upholstery experience. As a furniture repair technician, you will be responsible for the repair and restoration process of assembled furniture and upholstery. You’d also have a huge hand in creating Fernish’s Standard Operating Procedures for cleaning, refurbishing, and reupholstering standards. From time to time, this position may include in-home repair work.
- Maintain inventory and stock records within refurbishing department and order supplies required to perform daily tasks
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and ensure daily/weekly/monthly performance levels are achieved
- Strong commitment to safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness with team members
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric, and upholstery
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with wood furniture, leather, veneers, laminates, and upholstery
- Comfort in using necessary tools/machinery
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship and carpentry services
- Efficiency with color matching and blending
- Wood repairs including scratches, dents, and splits
- Upholstery repairs including structural/internal mechanism replacements
- Ability to lift, lower, push, or pull furniture up to and in excess of 100lb (with assistance if needed)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certification in Furniture Repair/Restoration, preferred
What makes this a great opportunity?
- Given the size of the company and the speed at which we are growing, your work will significantly impact the direction and growth of the company
- Joining this team will give you an unparalleled opportunity to grow quickly in your career
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You MUST BE AUTHORIZED to work in the United States. We are currently not in a position to sponsor visas and the like as we're too early in the incarnation of this business.