Our client is a leading communications products firm in Austin, Texas looking to hire an RF Hardware Engineer to work on its cutting-edge portfolio of wireless systems and technologies. Direct candidates only, no staffing agencies please.
RF Hardware Engineer
The RF Hardware Engineer will be responsible for analysis, definition, and development of products and technologies. The focus of this position is in indoor wireless access and network technologies applied to home, office/retail, warehouse, and campus environment based on LoRa, 802.11 Wi-Fi and 802.13 Bluetooth subscriber. These sensors and access points are integrated in an end-to-end cloud-based system which provide critical data analytics, and data driven alarms to end users via Web and cellular device-based applications
The RF Hardware Engineer is expected to:
- Work in an innovation environment where a variety of concepts and systems will be addressed.
- Analyze technology and possible system/product requirements in incubation development phase. Make technical recommendations of the viability of solutions and possible alternatives in the form of presentations and short reports.
- Refine concepts and incubate critical product prototypes for selected technologies.
- Participate in product definition and detailed product requirements as part of transition to full scale development.
- Develop test and validation plans in conjunction our wireless sensor development teams, Operations, QA, and Systems Integration teams.
- Support field trials of selected technology prototypes to validate system assumptions.
- Multitask between one to two large larger efforts and a series of short duration analysis tasks.
- Provide design documents, presentations, and develop plans and schedule with product management and technical program management leads.
- 5-10+ years of design of unlicensed band access point and subscriber products operating at 868 MHz, 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.x GHz.
- Schematic capture using Cadence OrCAD tools.
- RF circuit and Antenna design simulation using NI AWR Microwave Office.
- Experience with LoRa, 802.11 WIFI and 802.13 Bluetooth and associated chipsets.
- Complete RF chain design analysis including antenna coupling.
- Hands on lab test and design troubleshooting experience (TX power, signal distortion, RX sensitivity, VSWR measurement, antenna gain, antenna pattern, etc.)
- Design for FCC and CE type approvals.
- RF Design for Manufacture (DFM) and RF manufacturing test development.
- Recent experience in new product development to full scale production.
- Excellent planning, written, and verbal communication skills.
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering
- Travel approximately 10 percent of the time – domestic and international
- Authorization to work in the United States required
Job Type: Full-time