Title of Job: Sr. Financial Analyst
Company Description: eCommerce Tech- Retail
Location: San Francisco
Reports to Sr. Manager of Finance Analytics
**NEEDS STRONG BACKGROUND WRITING COMPLEX SQL QUERIES**
- Needs to have financial technical skills
- They will be helping to build out a new financial reporting database
- Helping to migrate all of the financial data
- Need to understand accounting systems or some sort of ERP
- Finance background
- Cash reconciliation is a plus!
The goal of the Business Intelligence team is to drive business value through the innovative use of data. The full potential of data in e-commerce has yet to be realized and our challenge is to continuously create new ways to leverage data to add value to our customers and consignors.
As a member of the BI team, you will effortlessly navigate between the ‘what’, the ‘why’ and the ‘so-what’ of data & analytics. You will be a key partner to our Finance team to understand the current state of the business and uncover opportunities for growth. If you are passionate about data and using insights to drive action and change in the ever-evolving e-commerce operations space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Be the lead data partner to our finance team to execute monthly financial reporting and be the lead data expert for annual audits – Your team is the source of truth for our financials.
- Pioneer new tech and methodologies that will move the needle.
- Create, manage, and maintain critical KPIs and dashboards for stakeholders
- Spearhead architecture builds that will create a more sustainable financial structure for this next stage of our company
- Champion automation projects across the financial data flow that include monitoring changes to our underlying data model that could impact financial reporting and building data structures to enable audit and reporting.
- Drive selection and automation of KPIs, reporting, and analytics.
- Generate analysis, presentations, and recommendations to drive operational improvements.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics, finance, engineering or management consulting field.
- Someone who is passionate about solving some of the most challenging problems in e-commerce financial reporting: Scale and efficiency for a fast-growing single-SKU omni-channel business.
- Mastery of SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery).
- Familiarity with database designs and optimizing query performance.
- Must perform analysis; internal reporting; cash management; audit support departmental documentation and operational financial support.
- Experience with designing data warehouses for key financial and audit reports.
- Be able to build data mart/aggregates from data events by transforming data and designing report templates.
- Must have a passion for creative problem solving, and a curiosity to uncover truth through data.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and collaborative.
- Proficient in Python or other scripting languages are a plus.
- Leverage data in a highly strategic way to drive change.
- Be part of a fast-growing company that is redefining the retail industry.