FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), and ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
FCS is looking for a collaborative, sharp, detail and process oriented Senior Solutions Architect to work with business and technical decision makers across the entire enterprise, including technology partners and customers. This role will lead Project Discovery and Design Sessions as well as Project Scoping conversations in order to validate the solution and articulate the business impact of the solution. The Architect will accomplish this by designing technical solutions that meet business objectives. This role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Engineering, and customers. The position will provide technical expertise for scoping and defining solutions, it will also be an opportunity to influence the product roadmap by contributing to solutions utilized across multiple projects.
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible to ensure consistency, scalability, stability, and robustness in the technical DNA of the enterprise. The Solution Architect role is highly technical with no direct management responsibilities. You will help architect our software engineering strategy, including, among other things, a consistent service-based architecture, public cloud integration, containerization, and CI/CD. You will also be expected to support the continuing improvement of our software engineering craftsmanship, which will include helping to develop consistent practices and disseminating knowledge in writing and in person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Discovery and requirements refinement sessions to uncover customers’ business, functional, and technological requirements
- Synthesize requirements to create clear and comprehensive user stories and solution design documentation
- Draft custom development specifications and manage the delivery and testing of the functionality by Development resources
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications (WebAPI, ASP.NET MVC, Web Forms, AngularJS)
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in information technology
- 5+ years of solutions architecture experience
- Experience developing and understanding of multi-threaded applications and associated challenges
- Experience integrating software platforms via APIs, through various means: web-services (REST, SOAP) and software libraries
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 or above
- Experience with database stored procedures, views, and user-defined functions
- Strong knowledge of C#. A minimum of four (5) years of experience working with C# in recent projects
- Strong knowledge of ASP.Net. A minimum of three (5) year experience working with ASP.Net in recent projects
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming, design patterns and principles.
- Experience with Data Object Mapping (Entity Framework, LINQ)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner with a minimum degree of supervision
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile development process
- Experience with other programming languages; Python and Java are pluses
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills – ability to identify, resolve and follow-up on issues
- Team player – strong initiative, independent thinker, driven to succeed, high energy with a commitment to work and follow through
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple assignments concurrently with minimal direction in a highly dynamic work environment
The position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend extended periods of time sitting in front of the computer. The position is regularly required to talk and hear as well as stand, stoop, walk, reach with hands and arms and hand/finger dexterity.
FCS offers competitive salaries and benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!