FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), and ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It is our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
FCS is looking for a collaborative, sharp, detail and process oriented Associate Software Product Manager, to help guide the team, as well as assist the Senior Product Manager (in-charge of a product line contribution) as a business unit. This includes helping to increase the profitability of existing products, to assisting in the development of new products for the company. You will help the products team design products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry-experience and your contact with customers, prospects and stakeholders.
Product Managers must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. They should enjoy spending time in the market to understand a customer or industry problem, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. The Product Manager will work with software business analysts to define product requirements; product development personnel to define releases; and with marketing specialists to define the go-to-market strategy. In addition, you will need to build strong relationships with the customer support and customer success teams, able to communicate within all areas of the company, facilitate escalations and evaluate issues faced by customers and designing improvements to the product. Through each of these tasks, you will ensure that all parties understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. The Product Manager will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
This Associate Software Product Manager's role is a blend between strategic and tactical. Other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won't be supporting their tactical tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize customer needs and features.
- Be the product owner for an Agile scrum team.
- Create business cases for investment into your product.
- Lead a software product from concept through planning to development, launch, and post-launch support
- Conduct customer research, market and competitor analysis.
- Work with design, development, marketing and other business users to launch great products that customers love.
- Understand the user experience of your product and constantly work to improve the usability of the application.
- Research and document detailed product requirements.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years software product management experience
- At least 1.5 years of experience designing web-based software, including writing detailed specifications
- Experience working on software development projects with a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in the Agile method of software development.
- Experience in designing engaging applications with an understanding of user-experience best practices.
- Deep customer focus and experience with researching and determining customer needs.
- Experience in sustainability or EH&S compliance software domains a plus.
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded.
- Ability to solve complex problems in an organized way.
- Comfortable working closely with development teams and experience with Agile development.
- High energy, can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
The position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend extended periods of time sitting in front of a computer. The position is regularly required to talk and hear as well as stand, stoop, walk, reach with hands and arms and hand/finger dexterity.
FCS offers competitive salaries and benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!