FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues. By joining FCS, you will work with highly skilled, technical teams that are dedicated to doing what it takes to meet our clients' needs. FCS is focused on advancing the skills and experiences of our staff and has opportunities that expand the globe.
FCS is looking for a detail and process oriented Editor/Technical Writer to join our team. This position will be responsible for providing a high-level of editing of documents, working closely with project managers and directors. Provide supervision and training to ensure overall efficiency in workflow, and quality control, document storage, and training on document systems and procedures. The Editor will serve as the company’s main source for editorial questions from staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high-level of editing on a wide variety of documents (e.g., proposals, technical studies, reports, publications, marketing materials and correspondence) and make recommendations for substantive/technical edits, style, organization and formatting.
- Manage the QA/QC process firm-wide
- Create standardized document templates for company-wide use, and provide back-up word processing and formatting coverage as necessary
- Collaborate with marketing to create compelling and engaging content for websites, print publications, catalogues, and other marketing materials
- Provide direction and recommendations on process improvements and be actively involved in tracking projects and ensuring efficient completion of deliverables
- Provide supervision and training of publications staff to ensure overall efficiency of workflow, consistency and quality control of documents, organization of files and document storage
- Maintain knowledge and execution of global branding and image guidelines
- Serve as the company source for editorial questions from staff
- Excellent written and oral communication and language skills in English required
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple assignments concurrently with minimal direction in a highly dynamic work environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills – ability to identify, resolve and follow-up on issues
- Team player; works well in collaborative project environments
- Demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to interact with individuals across the organization
- Ability to organize and evaluate work and exercise good judgment in making decisions
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate good personal judgment, and exercise a commitment to ethical conduct
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Acrobat PDFs and Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint. Knowledge of Smartsheet and Google suite applications (Gmail, Sheets, Drive) a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or advanced degree in related field with editorial experience
- 5+ years of reporting and editing experience
- Understanding of ad copy, publication copy, modern and traditional language usage
- Knowledge of standard editing guide; The Chicago Manual of Style
The position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to have hand/finger dexterity; sit for long periods of time at a computer and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
FCS offers competitive salaries and benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!