ADEC Solutions-USA (ADEC), sister company to FirstCarbon Solutions, is a global leader in business and technology solutions. Processing over 30 million transactions per month, we assist our clients in accordance with best industry practices on seeking better efficiencies and cost reductions.
ADEC is looking for a sharp, dedicated professional to join our team. The CPA will be responsible for carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department, including ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Works with the VP of Finance & General Manager on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization.
- Receives and applies payment to customer accounts in an accurate and timely manner. Communicates with customers regarding discrepancies.
- Files payment remittance documents, correspondence and invoices. Process customer statements.
- Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Creates forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, monthly bank reconciliation and other financial analysis documentation on a monthly basis.
- Prepares tax related documentation for internal, federal & state compliance.
- Coordinates with ADEC subsidiaries for any accounting related activity.
- Liaise with the different government entities in relation to compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Financial Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Thoroughness, outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple assignments concurrently with minimal direction in a highly dynamic work environment
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- CPA designation
- Knowledgeable in QuickBooks and other related accounting platforms
- Strong use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.