FirstCarbon Solutions is searching for an experienced Project Manager to join our Environmental Services team in northern California. The strong candidate shall have technical background and experience in CEQA and NEPA analysis, as well as mitigation measure compliance during construction, including management and oversight of the biological and archaeological monitoring teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administration of clients and sub consultant contracts, project budgets, and billings
- Prepare project invoices and monitor accounts receivables in a timely and effective manner
- Provide input for long-range financial planning (i.e., 3- to 6-month workload projections)
- Review contractual terms and identify potential conflicts
- Review and approve project sub consultant invoices
- Plan, organize, schedule, assign, coordinate, and direct the activities of project staff
- Participate in staff training programs. Review research and written materials submitted from staff and suggest improvements
- Keep abreast of recent legislative, administrative, and judicial interpretations of related environmental statutes and ensure that staff is well informed of changes
- Identify the need for technical and production staff assistance for projects and assign staff accordingly
- Establish and maintain a high level of communication directly with the client and subconsultants
- Conduct project initiation meetings for team members to explain the proposed project, project issues, sensitive concerns, and format for environmental documents
- Conduct and participate in public and private sector project meetings, including making presentations to the public during scoping, community meetings, and public hearings
- Establish task budgets and time schedules and coordinate with the overall project
- Review staff research and written material for content, conciseness, and completeness. Review subconsultant work for comprehensive and completeness
- Conduct research and prepare technical sections for environmental documents
- Coordinate and prepare proposal and qualification packages with the Marketing Department
- Develop project opportunities through proactive marketing of the firm
- Prepare fee, schedule, and scope of work for proposals. Provide opportunities to maximize profitability
- Identify project subconsultants and coordinate their input for proposals and qualifications
- Assist marketing efforts by providing complete project descriptions on current projects, and updating resume as needed
- Plan, organize, assign, and coordinate the activities of technical and support staff and subconsultants on assigned projects
- Supervise and efficiently edit technical staff’s written materials to provide constructive feedback
- Proactively and efficiently manage multiple projects
- Communicate effectively through written and oral methods
- Promote teamwork through interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software applications, especially Word and Excel; as well as Internet usage
The position operates primarily within an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. This position requires some travel; attending meetings, briefings and hearings; as well as giving presentations both in person and through online meeting programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with staff and clients both verbally and electronically. The employee may spend extended periods of time sitting in front of a computer.
Education and Experience
- A combination of education and experience which provides the requested knowledge and skills to effectively fill this position. Typical qualifications include, or are equivalent to:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, Geography, or related field
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the environmental and/or planning field
Thorough understanding of the principles and practices of the environmental consulting industry, including:
- CEQA and/or NEPA and their processing requirements
- Project management techniques
- Marketing and proposal preparation
- Financial management principles and practices
FCS offers competitive salaries and benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!